How Manufacturing Automation Monitoring Cuts Costs and Grows Your Business
As a manufacturing manager, your top responsibility is to oversee all manufacturing and operational processes. The top goals are operational efficiency, productivity and growth. Successful manufacturing businesses enlist industry best practices and tools to ensure all production processes are operating at optimum levels. There are lots of moving parts and manufacturing automation ties them all together. Here are some examples of the typical objectives and responsibilities on your plate.
3 objectives for manufacturing automation management
- Operational excellence
• Engage and empower the teams with tools and visibility to improve specific jobs and tasks
• Automate manual processes to reduce errors and improve accuracy
• Customizable workflows help automate manufacturing management processes
- Leverage analytics for insight
• Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are powerful analysis tools to provide visibility into manufacturing
• Monitor high-level operational trends and drill down into the details for additional information
• Track leading and lagging indicators
- Drive innovation to stay ahead of the competition
• Identify business processes to improve that are key to driving innovation
• Use dashboards for real-time performance data
• Prepare for the “Factory of the Future” with Internet of Things (IoT) with a modern ERP system
• Ensure your manufacturing automation software allows for easy integration to custom apps or 3rd party solutions on your shop floor
How manufacturing experts help
As manufacturing automation ERP consultants, we understand you have a lot on your plate. Our role is to help you accomplish all these objectives and responsibilities. We implement modern tools and best practices to reach your goals. We are passionate about your success with Acumatica cloud ERP technology.
The Acumatica Manufacturing Edition integrates with the Customer, Inventory, Order Management, eCommerce, Financial, Project and Service Management Suites. Our experienced manufacturing and ERP systems consultants can help you adopt a successful strategy for growth using modern manufacturing technology in the Acumatica Manufacturing Edition platform.
We help you monitor your progress with KPI’s designed to measure progress toward your goals. Acumatica provides easy to read dashboards with the arranged data month to month, quarter to quarter and year over year. In addition, here are some KPI’s you get with Acumatica.
KPI information you can monitor with Acumatica
- Product Production Costs
- Supplier Costs
- Sub-Contractor Performance
- Plan vs. Actual Hours and Cost
- Planned, In-process and Completed Work
- Work Center Loads and Schedules
- Sales and Profitability by Customer Category
- Sales and Profitability by Item Class
- On-Time Delivery to Customer
Click the image below for a free 10-page manufacturing job cost KPI’s whitepaper.
In this whitepaper, you will learn about how manufacturing software uses Business Intelligence (BI) to create KPI dashboards both for mobile and desktop platforms, with specific examples of KPI reporting to understand and inspire how to take advantage of this great tool for your own business. This previous blog will help you get started – KPI’s for Manufacturing Job Costing – How to Get Started Whitepaper
Let us help you discover the Acumatica Manufacturing Edition!
Stratotech Partners, LLC. is an Acumatica Gold Certified Partner, headquartered in Seattle, Washington, serving Acumatica customers in the Seattle metropolitan area and Pacific Northwest. The Partners at Stratotech, Art Olsen and John Nicholson, are ERP industry veterans with an honorable reputation among their peers. Stratotech’s expertise allows them to focus on small to mid-sized manufacturing companies who are outgrowing existing systems and looking for lower-cost cloud-based alternatives. Stratotech supports the Acumatica Manufacturing Edition and Smartsheet, the leading cloud platform for collaboration and project management.
Whitepaper provided by Acumatica.