How does Modern Production Management Software Help Manufacturing Companies?
Successful manufacturing companies have effective job costing and production management software and systems to control costs. It’s a fine balance between supply and demand. There are many moving parts at the heart of production management including production order tracking, scheduling and performance.
What are the benefits of investing in a modern production management system? In this blog, our manufacturing experts will use Acumatica’s Manufacturing Edition as an example of a modern ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) solution. We hope this will help your business take a step further to cut costs, automate processes and balance supply and demand. As a result, you increase productivity. The key benefits of an automated production management system are also highlighted in this blog. Don’t forget to download the COMPLIMENTARY KPI whitepaper below.
13 Ways Production Management Software Helps Cut Costs, Automate Processes and Balance Supply and Demand
1. Production performance – Real-time detailed reports help optimize performance. For instance, this includes actual vs. standard/planned costs by detailed elements, including labor, material, machine, tools, fixed, and variable overheads.
2. Scalable – Grow your company with an adaptable system that’s modern, robust and flexible.
3. Unlimited users – Grow your business without paying for extra users with unlimited user licensing. Wouldn’t it be nice to only pay for the features you activate and the volume of business transactions as your business grows?
4. Critical materials – Manage production order shortages from a single screen to create purchase orders and production orders for the parts that are short.
Automate Processes and Balance Supply and Demand
5. Backflushing labor and material – Record the production quantity and eliminate data entry by backflushing labor and/or material when reporting the production quantity completed.
6. Barcode integration – Barcoding helps automate data collection to record labor and material transactions including product issues, receipts, moves, cycle counting, and physical inventory.
7. Labor tracking – Track labor associated to production orders by work center by employee. For instance, indirect codes allow you to enter and track non-production time.
8. Lot and serial tracking – Capture lot and serial numbers at purchase receipt, inventory issues, and shop activity transactions. Additionally, you can track full lot and serial numbers from end-to-end for the item lifecycle.
9. Material tracking – Track materials by production order, work center and in the stockroom. Also, track items by lot and serial numbers on controlled items.
10. Mobile access – Mobile access is a gamechanger in the manufacturing environment. Mobile and cloud options allow you to monitor the business anytime anywhere with real-time data. Indeed, these capabilities are considered essential in a modern automated production environment.
11. Multi-site capabilities – Set up alternate or create warehouse-specific BOM/Routings to more accurately track the costs in different production facilities.
12. Production audit trail – Track all production activities against a production order including description, date, time and the ID of the user.
13. Production order changes – Manufacture to prior production-order bills or alternate bills of material revisions and substitute operations and materials as desired. Project-centric manufacturers rely on project accounting integration to create production orders from project tasks, update projects with manufacturing information, and aggregate cost tracking over multiple production runs. You can determine profitability for large jobs and contracts with a simplified, yet robust system.
The Acumatica Difference
Acumatica has an easy-to-use interface, yet, it’s packed with advanced features designed for multiple manufacturing environments. It’s ideal for make-to-stock, make-to-order, engineer-to-order, project-centric, job shop, repetitive, and batch processing operations. The product configurator provides a rules-based configuration supporting a features-and-options experience during the sales order entry process. Acumatica offers mobile and real-time integration with streamlined business processes. Your data is integrated between your manufacturing, accounting, distribution, sales, and projects. Consequently, you make smarter decisions with increased visibility.
Click the image below for this free 10-page manufacturing KPI whitepaper.
In this white paper, you will learn how modern manufacturing software uses KPI metrics. Create KPI dashboards with Business Intelligence (BI) for mobile and desktop platforms. In addition, you get specific examples of KPI reporting to understand and inspire ideas. Above all, you will learn just how to take advantage of this great tool for your own business.
The Stratotech Partners Difference
Let us help you discover if the Acumatica Manufacturing Edition is a good fit for your growing business! As experienced manufacturing ERP systems consultants, we help you adopt a proven strategy for growth. Explore this modern technology in the Acumatica Manufacturing Edition platform. It’s time to explore options when your current system is too expensive to manage and maintain. Don’t let your non-integrated, hard to use and/or unsupported system keep you from the information you need to make smart decisions!
Stratotech Partners, LLC. is an Acumatica Gold Certified Partner, headquartered in Seattle, Washington, serving Acumatica customers in the Seattle metropolitan area and Pacific Northwest region. The Partners at Stratotech, Art Olsen and John Nicholson, are ERP industry veterans with an honorable reputation among their peers. Stratotech’s expertise allows them to focus on small to mid-sized manufacturing companies who are outgrowing existing systems and looking for lower-cost cloud-based alternatives. Stratotech supports solutions such as the Acumatica Manufacturing Edition and Smartsheet, the leading cloud platform for collaboration and project management.
Follow us on: