Acumatica Manufacturing Edition with Job Estimating and Project Accounting Software
In a previous article, we outlined 4 reasons Acumatica Manufacturing Edition (AME) is a great fit for growing manufacturers. As Acumatica Certified partners, we support, implement and train manufacturers to help improve their manufacturing processes with Acumatica. Here’s a summary of our project involving job estimating and project accounting software and more.
We are currently helping an Acumatica customer who does both custom job manufacturing and repetitive manufacturing implement AME. It’s exciting to share the progress we made so far. In their prior system, they struggled with multiple non-integrated systems. Integration was a top priority so we helped merge separate but often related business processes:
- Prospect management and sales cycle management
- Job estimating
- Production planning and scheduling
- Production management
- Accounting and payroll
- Labor collection
The following common job costing, project accounting and manufacturing challenges we also addressed:
- Eliminated disparate systems requiring duplicate data entry which is highly inefficient
- Eliminated job estimating done in spreadsheets which are prone to errors
- Improved margin analysis on jobs by moving cost collection to the major component level instead of the job level
- Increased visibility into job status
- Incorporated sales tax calculation automation on quotes and orders saving time
Acumatica is an integrated solution for manufacturing environments including make-to-stock, make-to-order, engineer-to-order, project-centric, job shop, repetitive, and batch processing. This customer is now set up with a modern job costing along with manufacturing including the following:
- Sales opportunities and quoting
- Job estimating at the major component level based on budgeted material and labor costs with markup flexibility at the component and job levels
- Project accounting captures costs and revenue at the major component level and for services provided across the job
- Materials requirements planning drives consolidated purchasing to jobs by rolling up purchased items from across the major components
- Production management provides job status visibility and cost capture
- Project accounting provides progress and retainage billing to support industry billing preferences
- Change order management for internal and external change requests
- Automate sales tax management via a link to Avalara
- Real-time margin analysis provided at the major component and job level
The Acumatica Manufacturing Edition integrates with the Customer, Inventory, Order Management, eCommerce, Financial, Project and Service Management Suites. As experienced manufacturing and ERP systems consultants, we help you adopt a successful strategy for growth using modern manufacturing technology in the Acumatica Manufacturing Edition platform.
Let us help you discover if the Acumatica Manufacturing Edition is a good fit for your growing business.
Stratotech Partners, LLC. is an Acumatica Gold Certified Partner, headquartered in Seattle, Washington, serving Acumatica customers in the Seattle metropolitan area and Pacific Northwest region. Stratotech’s expertise allows them to focus on small to mid-sized manufacturing companies who are outgrowing existing systems and looking for lower cost cloud-based alternatives. Highlighted solutions offered by Stratotech are the Acumatica Manufacturing Edition and Smartsheet, the leading cloud platform for collaboration and project management.
Image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net by Stuart Miles